Wow, it’s been over a month since I put a note up here. Where have I been? What have I been doing?
As I thought back over the past month I realized how busy it has been. I don’t want to list a bunch of excuses that have kept me from blogging, but it has been busy:
- catching up on firewood because the ground had been so muddy this spring
- fixing a tractor so I could move logs
- fixing a mower to mow the trails in the woods
- dealing with settling my father’s estate and the conflict that goes with that
- getting ready for travel to Florida to meet a new granddaughter (I’ll write more on that later)
- writing a children’s story for that granddaughter
- and finally (where I wanted to end up) writing two short stories for a writing contest
The short stories were for a contest by the American Christian Fiction Writers, the Houston chapter (Writers of the Storm). The deadline is the end of this month. I finished polishing and sent them in today. Last year I was fortunate to be included in their book, and that is the book OUT OF THE STORM mentioned on my book page. It was published in February. Here is a link if you’re interested in purchasing it:
This year’s contest has the theme – dancing. Should be some interesting stories. I wrote a contemporary and a science fiction. We’ll see how they fare in the contest.
Anyway, excuses, excuses.
I look forward to writing again about a first visit to a new granddaughter.